On a personal note...

For those that want to see what's up with me and who are not all that enamored with Peak Oil.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

"There are no answers, only choices."

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Marching on - days 12, 13 &14


Yesterday I awoke exhausted from the previous days hike. I spent most of the day reading and planning some more TEOTWAWKI strategy. It was a good recovery day, by this morning I had as much energy as a puppy.

Today some of my fellow nursing students and I went out to a quaint little restaurant for lunch called the Crêpevine, where they feature,..... you guessed it, crepes. It has been awhile since I allowed myself restaurant food, so I was looking forward to it. That meant though, that I had to bust-a-move and complete my walk before 10:00am when we were to meet. Normally, it seems that I do not get started until 11:00 or noon. So, with only three hours to spare after a good gym workout, I walked straight though, all the way to the beach and back to 9th and Irving. That is the first time I walked nine miles without a break.

After lunch and catching up on gossip, I walked the last two miles home – 11 today. I am finding that the beach via Golden Gate Park walk is becoming hypnotic; I am not observing the nature around me. It is just too easy to stay on the asphalt sidewalk bordering JFK and MLK drives and get lost in thought. To remedy that, I thought (while lost therein) today, why not walk the park via the side trails and lakes paths of which the must be many miles worth?

I could also walk through the maze of cute S.F. streets. Years ago, I wanted to do a website where I featured one amazing San Francisco house per day, week or outing. This might be a good time to incorporate that idea over here on my 'non' end-of-the-world blogsite. The only issue would be that of breaking my stride, what with all the traffic and intersections. Hmmm, come to think of it though, I am sure Paleolithic humans stopped on their long walks to admire beautiful scenery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home