On a personal note...

For those that want to see what's up with me and who are not all that enamored with Peak Oil.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

"There are no answers, only choices."

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Our aching backs!


A few days ago, during a gym workout I pulled a neck muscle, so I have been laying low at least as far as physical exercise goes. (Don’t worry mom, this was minor).

More updates:

I spent some time with Travis and his mom yesterday. The day before that, I had my semi annual doctor visit and everything seems to be functioning fine; she was very pleased to see how low my blood pressure was.

I received an e-mail from my good friend and ex-wife who is presently in China writing a book. The Chinese government has commissioned her to put together a manual to be used as the standard for esthetology in China – pretty impressive - and she takes it very seriously.

She is also hard at work helping her twin sister run her esthetology school in Chongqing, China. In her e-mail she told me that she had injured her back recently from working all the time and it was forcing her to take it easy, something she never does.

I wrote her back and told her about what one of my naturopathic teachers had said to me. She told me that whenever she became ill or injured herself, she would really get into the sickness; she would call in sick, wrap up in blankets, break out a bunch of good books, lay around in a hot bubble bath all day, and never do anything on the to-do list. It was her philosophy that illness is your body’s way of telling you to slow down.

Speaking of slowing down, tomorrow, July 4, I will make my first expedition into that strange land called Sausalito. I think I will walk all the way there (9.2 miles per Google maps) and walk back five miles to the gift center on the south side of the Golden Gate Bridge. From there I can take a variety of buses back home. Later I can add more and more distance to the return leg, until I am all the way up to the 18.5 miles round trip.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home