On a personal note...

For those that want to see what's up with me and who are not all that enamored with Peak Oil.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

"There are no answers, only choices."

Monday, October 03, 2005

¡Empujé!


Today I helped a little Nicaraguan mother birth her baby. It is the third vaginal birth I have witnessed, but the first in which I was able to really participate. “¡Empujé Mami!” (push mama!) I kept insisting as I cradled her left heel and bent knee. I have to say it is easy to get choked up watching that little tuft of hair pop out. It is easy to get choked up watching papa sob, as he sees his son emerge into the world. So proud he is as he cuts his son's cord. So relieved mama is as her boy, wrapped tight, is brought close and they see each other for the first time.

Labor and Delivery is beautiful medicine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home